Since I’d made a list of goals and “wish list” goals before leaving for our big planning trip, I’d thought it’d be fun to go through them and see how much I got accomplished. I have to say that while the trip was overall really good and productive, it was also a bit stressful and a little too fast-paced at times. If at all possible, I DO NOT recommend cramming in as much stuff as we did, unless of course you have to!! I’ve also added a list of things that were accomplished that I didn’t even plan for!! 🙂
Goals for Minnesota Trip #2:
- choose our photographer- CHECK!
- choose our videographer- CHECK!
- complete cake testing- CHECK!
- solidify signature drink- CHECK!
- take our Pastor out to dinner and discuss the ceremony- CHECK!
- select and buy a wedding dress- CHECK!
- hire a bagpiper- CHECK!
- eat at one or two of the restaurants we are considering for our OOTG rehearsal dinner-CHECK!
“Wish List” for Minnesota Trip #2:
- hire a Ceilidh band- CHECK!
- choose a gown for my bridesmaids- CHECK!
- brainstorm venue options with Sister/MOH Big Eyes for her wedding- CHECK! (well we saw Sister Big Eyes’ venue, but it had already been chosen)
- get The Glue fitted for his kilt rental- CHECK!
- clean and consolidate the one closet of my stuff still left at my parent’s house- nope
- work on centerpieces- CHECK!
- plan my next wedding planning trip to MN- CHECK!
- visit with friends and family- CHECK!
- hit up Sam’s Club- nope, but my Mom went, does that count?
- order our STD’s (photos pending)- CHECK!
It feels so good to see that most of these items can be checked off the list as well! I had no idea how much we actually accomplished until I did this (it all felt sort of muddled in my brain after five days of non-stop moving). Now let’s see what else we got done that I would consider an “extra.”
- buy Dad a new suit from Kohl’s
- show Auntie B and BM L Dawg our venue for the first time
- buy supplies to make cutesy girl-type cards for ???? (can’t reveal that info at this time)
- take Mom around Bed, Bath, and Beyond to show her what we’ve registered for
- try on summer dresses for Sister/MOH Big Eyes’ wedding
- help my Mom buy her dress for Sister/MOH Big Eyes’ wedding
- buy my bridal corset bra
- find a headpiece for bridal outfit (a gift from Auntie B, more details on that to come)
WOW. I can’t wait to get started on all the updates! Does anyone else use wedding check lists? Are you ahead of the game or are you using a more relaxed timeline?